** Available now **
Progress Tech has developed a new tubular rear sway bar kit for 8/9th Gen Accords. Now 2008-2017 Accord & 2009-2014 Acura TSX owners have a choice. Our 22.2mm 'standard' sway bar or a more aggressive 25.4mm tubular 'sport' option. Tubular bars provide the necessary rate with less mass than a equivalent solid bar. The new bar is a two-hole adjustable design with lateral stop rings for instant bar response. The larger diameter bar works well with wider wheels & UHP tires, as more grip requires more roll control. This larger option will suit more aggressive drivers looking for flat and balanced and 'closer to neutral' cornering.
- Progress 25.4mm diameter precision-bent tubular alloy sway bar.
- Low-deflection poly bushings and lateral location rings for instant roll response.
- New bushing brackets with TIG-welded gussets for maximum durability.
- Powder-coated sway bar and brackets for superior appearance.
- Complete hardware kit includes bushings, brackets and synthetic chassis lube.
- Designed for use with OEM end links.
- Made in the USA.
- Available May 2017.
Sway bar rate comparison:
OEM 16.0mm solid 41 lbs/inch
#62.0105 22.2mm solid 138/153
#62.0107 25.4 tubular 200/220
OEM 16.0mm solid 4.4 lbs.
22.2mm solid 11.2 lbs.
25.4mm tubular 7.8 lbs.
Q: Should I choose the 22m solid or the 25mm tubular sway for my vehicle?
A: If your Accord has OEM or a modest wheel/tire upgrade, you are a moderate-driving commuter or you drive in a lot of bad weather, the 22.2mm sway bar is for you. This sway bar upgrade will dramatically reduce the understeer and body roll.
If you are an aggressive 'sport' driver running sticky tires and looking for minimal body roll and more cornering power, the 25.4mm bar should be on your shopping list.
- Size: 25.4mm tubular
- Adjustment Range: 2 hole
- End-links Included: No
- All sway bars are powdercoated metallic gray.
- One year limited warranty
- Actual product may be different than pictured